Our website and social media accounts are places to share and discuss clear, up-to-date and helpful information about plastics and the environment.
When taking part in the Clear on Plastics online community, we ask everyone to follow our community guidelines.
These guidelines cover content posts on or to the Clear on Plastics Twitter and Instagram accounts. These guidelines are designed to provide a quality environment for everyone participating in our online community.
Please take a minute to read them and keep them in mind whenever you post or participate.
- Do: be respectful of others who are taking part in the discussion.
- Do: stay on topic.
- Do not: post personal contact information, which may relate to you or other individuals.
- Do not: post content where the main purpose is to promote or endorse commercial activity.
We will remove any comments posted on our website or social media channels that do not meet our community guidelines, or which we believe are:
- Abusive or obscene.
- Deceptive or misleading.
- In violation of any intellectual property rights.
- In violation of any law or regulation.
We reserve the right to block and/or report users on our social media accounts who post content we believe breaches these guidelines, or the guidelines of the social media platform.
We will report and remove any social media profiles set up using Clear on Plastics or WRAP’s imagery and logos without permission.
Availability and responding to messages
We will update and monitor our website and social media accounts during office hours, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Occasionally we may also post scheduled updates at evenings and weekends.
While we value your feedback and contributions, and will try to respond whenever we can, we are not able to reply individually to all of the messages we receive through our social media accounts.
Linking to other websites
On the Clear on Plastics website and social media accounts, we may include links to other organisations and individuals.
We follow certain guidelines when deciding which links to share.
- We may link to organisations and individuals who are actively involved in reducing the impact of plastic on the environment and support our aims to help consumers in the UK have access to clearer information on plastics.
- We will not share links where the main purpose is to promote or endorse commercial activity.
- Where possible, we provide several examples of organisations that can help, to provide choice.
- We reserve the right to decide not to link to other organisations. In most cases, we are unable to enter into discussions about why a link request has been refused.
Please note that WRAP is not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind.